In addition to the documents listed on our main page, applicants under 18 years of age have special requirements for obtaining a Brazilian visa. Please include these documents alongside those listed in the standard requirements.
Authorization for Issuance of a Brazilian Visa for a minor
- Both parents must fill out and sign an “AUTHORIZATION FOR ISSUANCE OF BRAZILIAN VISA FOR MINOR” form. Their signatures on the form must be notarized.
- Applicants under 18 years old do not sign their visa application forms, as they are considered minors. Instead, both parents must sign their child’s application.
- Birth Certificate: Original or notarized certified copy of the birth certificate
- Minors will not be issued visas without the consent of both parents unless
- One parent is deceased, in which case the original or notarized certified copy of the death certificate must be submitted. or
- One of the parents is not listed on the birth certificate. or
- Court order or divorce decree granting full custody and exclusive parental rights to a parent or legal guardian(s). The original or notarized copy of the document must be present alongside the other requirements.
Children of Brazilian Citizens:
- Original, signed U.S. passport – A child of a Brazilian citizen may only apply for a visa if they have not yet been issued a Brazilian birth certificate and are not eligible for a Brazilian passport. In such cases, the Brazilian parent(s) must attach a notarized letter “Declaration of Non-Citizenship” stating the child was not registered in any consulate or in Brazil, hence he or she does not have Brazilian citizenship.