In order to streamline the U.S. passport renewal process, it is best to complete Step 1 and gather all of the documents before calling our office. Feel free to contact us here with any questions. When you have everything listed under Step 1, we can smoothly guide you through the rest of the process.
Step 1: Collect Documents
Expired or Expiring U.S. Passport
Complete online, sign, and print the passport application
Fill out this form online and choose “create form” to view the completed application to be printed. Ignore the fees at this time also note that if you push “preview button” you won’t be able to print your application, you must click “Next” and then “create form” at the bottom of that page. Please print 2 copies of application DS-82.
2 Inches by 2 Inches on a white background- Please click above to see the photo instruction
- Download, complete and sign two Letter of Authorization
- Please print and sign 2 copies. This allows our company to act on the applicant’s behalf.
- Important: Check the first two boxes only, be sure to put in today’s date and not our date of birth, also write “A1 Passport and Visa Express” in the “Courier Company Name” field.
- Please watch our YouTube video if you need clarification.
Download and print the order form for A1 Passport
- Please indicate your travel date on this form so we know what service you are requesting. Page 2 contains the credit card authorization to charge you for our services. Please remember to write your credit card billing address including the zip.
Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations
- (This is only needed for those who need 1-2 days or 3-5 days service) Confirmed itinerary, copy of airline ticket, or a letter from your company printed on your stationery addressed to Washington Passport Agency introducing the applicant, stating the date and country of travel, requesting issuance of a new passport prior to your travel date.
Step 2: Fees
U.S. Department of State : Government Fee
A1 Passport : Passport Service Fees
|Service Type||Price||Processing Time|
|Emergency**||$249||1-2 business days|
|Urgent*||$195||3-5 business days|
|Rush||$149||7-10 business days|
|Standard||$95||15-20 business days|
**By appointment only
*Must call first
Note: All processing times are measured in business days and begin from the day of submission to the passport agency, not the day we receive your documents. All slots are subject to availability. For prompt processing, please call our office before sending your documents.
Return Shipping Fees
|Priority Overnight||$28||1-3 Passports|
|Priority Overnight||$31||4+ Passports|
|Saturday Delivery||$41||1-3 Passports|
Please note that the above charges may be slightly higher for some states. Your receipt should indicate the fee differences. The above rates apply to most of the contiguous 48 United States. Higher rates apply to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and US Virgin Islands.
Calculate: Government Fee($170) + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Amount Due
Step 3: Shipping
Place the following documents in a FedEx Envelope
- Expired or Expiring Passport
- Completed and signed Passport Application (DS-82)
- One Passport Photograph
- Two completed and signed Letters of Authorization
- One (two-page) Order Form for A-1 Passport
- Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations (for 24-48 hour and 3-5 days processing only)
- Government fee, service service fee for A1’s service, and the shipping fee
Call us at 202-639-1500 and indicate you are processing an Expedited Passport from the Internet.
We recommend that you use FedEx as a safe means of overnight shipping. We will return your passport to you the same way.
A1 Passport & Visa Express
1411 K Street Ste 805 NW.
Washington, DC. 20005
(202) 639 1500
Important Notice: In case of an emergency, when your passport must be processed in 24-48 hours, you must call our office for special instructions. Your FedEx package should be marked “FIRST AM DELIVERY.” You must clearly indicate “DELIVER AFTER 7AM, PLEASE SLIDE UNDER THE DOOR.” Our building opens automatically at 7am; the FedEx driver will not be able to enter the building before that time.