U.S. Citizens do not require a visa for entry to Japan however a U.S. Passport is required.
Step 1: Collect Documents
Tourist and Business Visa
- Original passport – must be valid for at least 6 months containing and at least 1 blank visa page.
- 2 Application Forms, fully completed, signed.
Proof of Travel
- Copy of itinerary or air tickets showing round trip.
- Letter of invitation from company in Japan (not mandatory, but helps to expedite the visa)
- Latest bank statement showing sufficient funds for your duration of stay in Japan
A1 Order Form
- Completed two-page Order Form
- In the case of business travel, a company letter (Sample) of intent and financial responsibility typed on the company’s stationery stating the following:
- Purpose and date of travel and duration of stay.
- Name and address of the contacts/company to be visited and nature of the business.
- Financial responsibility for the applicant as well as return transportation to U.S.
- This letter must be signed by a superior within your company other than the applicant
- Please address your letter to:
- Embassy of Japan, Visa Section, Washington DC.
- Copy of U.S. Alien Registration Card (Green Card) or valid U.S. employment visa (U.S. B1/B2 visa not accepted).
- Some nationalities are required to obtain an official guarantee letter, notarized, from the host company in Japan.
- Some nationalities may experience additional visa costs and delays of up to six weeks with the issue of a Japan visa.
Step 2: Fees
A-1 Service Fee:
$95.00 per visa
$25.00 – $32.00 Per Visa – Varies by Nationality
Return Shipping Fees
|Priority Overnight||$28||1-3 Passports|
|Priority Overnight||$31||4+ Passports|
|Saturday Delivery||$41||1-3 Passports|
Please note that the above rates apply to most Continental USA. Higher rate applies to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and US Virgin Islands.
Calculate: Consular Fee + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Total Due
Step 3: Shipping
Please forward the completed requirements detailed above to:
A-1 Passport & Visa Express,
1411 K STREET NW. SUITE 805
Washington D.C. 20005
Your documents will be hand carried to the consulate/embassy and is usually processed in 48 to 96 hours.
CLICK HERE TO
PRINT THIS GUIDE