Step 1: Collect Documents
- Visa is issued on arrival for stay up to 30 days. Extension can be arranged at Immigration Office in Colombo.
- Original, signed U.S. passport – must be valid for at least 6 months containing at least 1 blank visa page.
Proof of Travel
- Copy of flight itinerary showing round trip
A1 Order Form
- Completed two-page Order Form
Letter of invitation
- A letter of invitation from your host company printed on the company’s stationery stating the exact dates they expect to meet with you and specifically request the length of visa they request to be issued to you and number of entries. Those dates must match the dates on your application.
- A company letter of intent and financial responsibility (Sample) typed on the company’s stationery stating the following information:
- Introducing the applicant, stating the applicant’s position with the company.
- Purpose of trip and a brief description of type of duties to be performed
- Name of company/contacts
- Financial responsibility for the applicant including return airfare.
- The letter should be signed by an officer of the company other than the applicant.Your sponsor in Sri Lanka must send a fax to the Embassy of Sri Lanka in Washington D.C., stating the name of the applicant, confirming the business trip (fax must include company address and type of business). For stay over 7 days, the letter must be sent via the Immigration Department in Colombo.
- Please address your letter to:
- Embassy of Sri Lanka, Visa Section, Washington D.C.
Step 2: Fees
A-1 Service Fee:
$85.00 per visa
Short term visa – Double entry $40.00 Per Visa – valid for 6 months
Long term visa – Multiple entry $140.00 per visa – valid for 1 year
$5.00 money order/check fee will be added to the above visa fees.
Return Shipping Fees
|Priority Overnight||$28||1-3 Passports|
|Priority Overnight||$31||4+ Passports|
|Saturday Delivery||$41||1-3 Passports|
Please note that the above rates apply to most Continental USA. Higher rate applies to Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and US Virgin Islands.
Calculate: Consular Fee + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Total Due
Step 3: Shipping
Please forward the completed requirements detailed above to:
A-1 Passport & Visa Express,
1411 K STREET NW. SUITE 805
Washington D.C. 20005
Your application will be hand carried to the Embassy, and is usually processed in 4 business days.
CLICK HERE TO
PRINT THIS GUIDE