Having your U.S. passport lost or stolen is a difficult experience. A1 is here to help with getting your new passport issued. Please complete step 1 and then call our office so we can better advise you.
Step 1: Collect Documents
- Note: This link will take you off our site to complete the form. Complete form online, when you are finished, you will see a “Create Form” button, press it to create the form, and then print the form. Once printed, close that window to return to our site. Please print two copies. Do not sign or date the copies yet.
Lost or Stolen Passport Form (DS-64)
- Go to the State Department’s website and click on “Report Lost or Stolen,” the form can now be submitted online.
Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship (One of the below)
- Certified copy of long-form birth certificate with state seal
- Previous U.S. passport
- Certificate of citizenship or naturalization
Proof of Identity (One of the below)
- Valid state photo ID or drivers license
- Federally issued photo ID
Completed Letter of Authorization three (3) copies, each with an original signature
- Attention: Write “A-1 Passport and Visa Express” in the “Courier Company Name” field.
Proof of travel
- I.e. airline itinerary/ticket or a company letter addressed to US Department of State, requesting issuance of a passport.
Completed two-page Order Form
Step 2: Fees
The U.S. Department of State : Government Fees
|16 & 17 year-olds||$170|
|Children under 16||$140|
A1 Passport : Passport Service Fees
|Service Type||Price||Processing Time|
|Emergency**||$249||1-2 business day|
|Urgent*||$195||3-5 business days|
|Rush||$149||7-10 business days|
|Standard||$95||15-20 business days|
**By appointment only
*Must call first
Return Shipping Fees
|Priority Overnight||$28||1-3 Passports|
|Priority Overnight||$31||4+ Passports|
|Saturday Delivery||$41||1-3 Passports|
Fee explaination: You will now need two (2) checks or money orders and a payment method for A1 Passport’s service fee and return shipping.
- Check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State for $170.00 ($140 for applicants under 16)
- Check or money order for $35 payable to Postmaster OR Clerk of the county court
- Calculate: Consular Fee + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Total Due
Step 3: Passport Acceptance Facility
In order to apply for an expedited U.S. passport you must first have your signature witnessed by an acceptable authority. Normally this is done by certain post offices and county clerks.Find the Closest Passport Acceptance Facility
Before going be sure to have the following documents on this Checklist:
- Application Form DS-11 fully completed, but left unsigned – Please print two copies. One copy should be taken to the post office or the courthouse and one (unsigned) copy placed on the outside of the sealed envelope after the post office returns your paperwork in a sealed envelope.
- Lost or stolen application form DS-64 (if not submitted online)
- Proof of Citizenship
- Proof of Identity
- One passport photo
- Letter of Authorization for A1 Passport & Visa Express Please print three copies – two copies should be taken to the post office or the courthouse and one copy with original signature placed on the outside of the sealed envelope after the post office returns your paperwork in a sealed envelope.
- Proof of travel
- Payment for passport
Bring all above original materials to a Passport Acceptance Facility and notify the agent you are using an expediting service to “hand carry” your application. Most facilities are open M-F, 10am to 4pm.
The acceptance agent will take about ten minutes to go through the following steps:
- To verify your child’s identity, the agent will request your proof of parentage. Both parents must be present with child, (or one parent with the notarized form DS-3053 including his/her ID with child present).
- The agent will ask BOTH parents (or absentee form DS-3053 and ONE parent) to sign the DS-11, and then will witness your signature and seal ALL documents in an envelope for hand-carrying.
- To verify that you need an expedited passport, you must provide evidence of your departure date.
- The agent will then seal the DS-11, photos, proof of citizenship, Letter of Authorization for A1 Passport, proof of departure date, and the $140 check in an envelope marked “To be opened by U.S. Passport Office Only.”
Important: Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will be invalidated.
Please write the following on the outside of the sealed envelope:
- Applicant’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Departure Date
IMPORTANT: DO NOT SEAL THE A1 ORDER FORM or payment for OUR services (A1 Passport & Visa Express) inside the sealed envelope, they should be paper clipped outside of your sealed envelope along with the rest of the copies made earlier.
Step 4: Shipping
Put the following documents into a FedEx Envelope
- Sealed government envelope
- Extra completed and signed Passport Application (DS-11)
- One Passport Photo
- Two extra completed and signed Letters of Authorization
- One (two-page) order form for A1 Passport
- Fee for A1’s service, and the return shipping fee
We recommend that you use FedEx as a safe means of overnight shipping. We will return your passport to you the same way.
A1 Passport & Visa Express
1411 K Street Ste 805 NW.
Washington, DC. 20005
(202) 639 1500
Important Notice: In case of an emergency, when your passport must be processed in 24-48 hours, you must call our office for special instructions. Your FedEx package should be marked “FIRST AM DELIVERY.” You must clearly indicate “DELIVER AFTER 7AM, PLEASE SLIDE UNDER THE DOOR.” Our building opens automatically at 7am; the FedEx driver will not be able to enter the building before that time.