Lost or Stolen U.S. Passport

Important Notice

At the present time all commercial passport and visa services are unable to perform “Emergency passport services” until further notice from the Washington Passport Agency.

a1-passport-instructionsHaving your U.S. passport lost or stolen is a difficult experience. A1 is here to help with getting your new passport issued. Please complete step 1 and then call our office so we can better advise you.

Step 1: Collect Documents

Online Passport Application (DS-11)

    • Note: This link will take you off our site to complete the form. Complete form online, when you are finished, you will see a “Print Form” button, press it to create the form, and then print this form. Once printed, close that window to return to our site. Please print two copies. Do not sign or date the copies yet.
    • Important tip – When asked how you would like to be contacted, please choose “EMAIL” to save time; the government will send you an email in case of any issues with your documents.

Lost or Stolen Passport Form (DS-64)

Provide Proof of U.S. Citizenship (One of the below)

    • Certified copy of long-form birth certificate with state seal
    • Previous U.S. passport
    • Certificate of citizenship or naturalization

Proof of Identity (One of the below)

    • Valid state photo ID or drivers license
    • Federally issued photo ID
    • Note: You will need to make a copy of the front and the back of your ID.

One Passport Photograph

Completed Letter of Authorization three (3) copies, each with an original signature

    • Attention: Write “A-1 Passport and Visa Express” in the “Courier Company Name” field.

Proof of travel

    • i.e. airline itinerary/ticket or a company letter addressed to US Department of State, requesting issuance of a passport or a company letter addressed to the Washington passport agency stating a need for a passport. This letter must be printed on your company’s stationery and signed by a superior and must contain your name, date of travel, and country of travel.

Completed two-page Order Form

Step 2: Fees

The U.S. Department of State : Government Fees

Adults 18+$225
16 & 17 year-olds$225
Children under 16$195
USPS return ship$19.53
Regular mail by govFree

A1 Passport : Passport Service Fees

Service TypePriceProcessing Time
Emergency 1 day**Please call for availability24 hours service
Rush Processing$3995-7 business day
Expedited Processing$2494-6 Weeks processing

**By appointment only
*Must call first

Notice: A processing fee of 3% will be charged to all credit card payments.
Return Shipping Fees
Priority Overnight$351-3 Passports
Priority Overnight$554+ Passports
Saturday Delivery$75+ depending on destination zip1-3 Passports

Fee explanation: You will now need two (2) checks or money orders and a payment method for A1 Passport’s service fee and return shipping.

  1. Check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State: $190.00 ($160 for applicants under 16)
  2. Check or money order to U.S. Dept. of State for $19.53 (return of your passport via Priority USPS)
  3. Check or money order for $35 payable to Postmaster OR Clerk of the county court
  4. Calculate: Consular Fee + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Total Due

Step 3: Passport Acceptance Facility

In order to apply for an expedited U.S. passport you must first have your signature witnessed by an acceptable authority. Normally this is done by certain post offices and county clerks.Find the Closest Passport Acceptance Facility

Before going be sure to have the following documents on this Checklist:

  1. Application Form DS-11 fully completed, but left unsigned – Please print two copies. One copy should be taken to the post office or the courthouse and one (unsigned) copy placed on the outside of the sealed envelope after the post office returns your paperwork in a sealed envelope.
  2. Lost or stolen application form DS-64 (if not submitted online)
  3. Proof of Citizenship
  4. Proof of Identity
  5. One passport photo
  6. Letter of Authorization for A1 Passport & Visa Express Please print three copies – one copy should be taken to the post office or the courthouse and two copies with original signature placed on the outside of the sealed envelope after you receive your sealed envelope.
  7. Proof of travel
  8. Payment for passport

Bring all above original materials to a Passport Acceptance Facility and notify the agent you are using an expediting service to “hand carry” your application. Most facilities are open M-F, 10am to 4pm.

The acceptance agent will take about ten minutes to go through the following steps:

  1. In the case of child passport, to verify your child’s identity, the agent will request your proof of parentage. Both parents must be present with child, (or one parent with the notarized form DS-3053 including his/her ID with child present).
  2. In the case of child passport, the agent will ask BOTH parents (or absentee form DS-3053 and ONE parent) to sign the DS-11, and then will witness your signature and seal ALL documents in an envelope for hand-carrying.
  3. To verify that you need an expedited passport, you must provide evidence of your departure date.
  4. The agent will then seal the DS-11, photos, proof of citizenship, Letter of Authorization for A1 Passport, proof of departure date, and the payments in an envelope marked “To be opened by U.S. Passport Office Only.”

Important: Do not open this sealed envelope or the application will be invalidated.

Please write the following on the outside of the sealed envelope:

  1. Applicant’s Name
  2. Date of Birth
  3. Departure Date

IMPORTANT: DO NOT SEAL THE A1 ORDER FORM or payment for OUR services (A1 Passport & Visa Express) inside the sealed envelope, they should be paper clipped outside of your sealed envelope along with the rest of the copies made earlier.

Step 4: Shipping

Put the following documents into a FedEx Envelope

  1. Sealed government envelope
  2. Extra copy of Passport Application (DS-11)
  3. One Passport Photo
  4. Two extra completed and signed Letters of Authorization original signature must be on this form no copy!
  5. One (two-page) order form for A1 Passport
  6. Fee for A1’s service, and the return shipping fee

We recommend that you use FedEx as a safe means of overnight shipping. We will return your passport to you the same way. Please call our office to let us know that you are shipping your paperwork and if possible, email your FedEx/UPS tracking number to: Info@A1Passportvisa.com

Ship To:
A1 Passport & Visa Express
1012 14th St NW, #630
Washington, DC. 20005
(202) 639 1500

Click here to find FedEx locations

Important Notice: A1 Passport & Visa Express is a non-government service company that acts only as an agent and cannot accepts responsibility for any services provided by the Washington Passport Agency or in connection to issuance of a passports, delays, and loss of passport or other material including delivery of passport by USPS or other shipping services. Damage compensation is not available from A1 Passport and Visa Express or the passport agency.