Step 1: Collect Documents
- Valid or a passport that was valid for 10 years and expired within the last 5 years
- Unless your passport was issued 1 year ago or less, in which case you may download, print, and fill out the DS-5504 by hand.
- Please print and sign 2 copies.
- This allows our company to act on the applicant’s behalf. (Attention: Write “A1 Passport and Visa Express” in the “Courier Company Name” field and check the first two boxes. Do not check all three boxes.) Please watch our YouTube video if you need clarification.
- Examples include a marriage certificate, divorce decree or court order. If you are submitting the DS-5504 to correct a recently issued passport that was printed with errors, you must submit an original or certified copy of your birth certificate, or a previously issued passport bearing the correct credentials. Copies of these documents are unacceptable. Gender reassignment applicants will need a letter from their physician regarding their transition status.
- This is only needed for those who need “Next Day” service or emergency 24 hour service.
- Itinerary, a copy of your airline ticket, or a letter from your company printed on your stationery addressed to the Washington Passport Agency which introduces the applicant, and states the date and country of travel, requesting issuance of a new passport prior to your travel date.
Complete, sign, and print the passport application (DS-82)
2 Inches by 2 Inches on a white background
Complete and sign the Letter of Authorization
Complete and print the order form for A1 Passport
An original or certified copy of the legal document that caused the name change
Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations
Step 2: Fees
U.S. Department of State Amendment : Government Fee
|Current Passport Issued||Price|
|Exactly 1 year ago or less||$60|
|1-15 years ago||$170|
A1 Passport : Passport Service Fees
|Service Type||Price||Processing Time|
|Emergency**||$249||1-2 business day|
|Urgent*||$195||3-5 business days|
|Rush||$149||7-10 business days|
|Standard||$95||15-20 business days|
**By appointment only
*Must call first
Note: All processing times are measured in business days and begin from the day of submission to the passport agency, not the day we recieve your documents. All slots are subject to availability. For prompt processing, please call our office before sending your documents.
Return Shipping Fees
|Priority Overnight||$28||1-3 Passports|
|Priority Overnight||$31||4+ Passports|
|Saturday Delivery||$41||1-3 Passports|
Calculate: Consular Fee + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Total Due
Step 3: Shipping
- Valid, signed U.S. passport
- Completed and signed Passport Application (DS-82)
- One Passport Photograph (taken in the last 6 months)
- Two completed and signed Letters of Authorization
- One (two-page) Order Form for A1 Passport
- An original or certified copy of the legal document that caused the name change.
- Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations (for 24 hour and Next Day processing only)
- Government fee, service service fee for A1’s service, and the shipping fee
Call us at 202-639-1500 and indicate you are processing an Expedited Passport from the Internet.
We recommend that you use FedEx as a safe means of overnight shipping. We will return your passport to you the same way.
A1 Passport & Visa Express
1411 K Street Ste 805 NW.
Washington, DC. 20005
(202) 639 1500
Important Notice: In case of an emergency, when your passport must be processed in 24-48 hours, you must call our office for special instructions. Your FedEx package should be marked “FIRST AM DELIVERY.” You must clearly indicate “DELIVER AFTER 7AM, PLEASE SLIDE UNDER THE DOOR.” Our building opens automatically at 7am; the FedEx driver will not be able to enter the building before that time.