Step 1: Collect Documents
Valid and signed U.S. Passport
You must submit your current regular, 10 year passport when applying for a second passport. Your passport will be returned with your 2nd passport.
Complete, sign and print passport application (DS-82)
- Fill out this form online and choose “create form” to view the completed application to be printed. Ignore the fees at this time. Please print 2 copies.
2 Inches by 2 Inches on a white background
Complete and sign the Letter of Authorization
- Please print and sign 2 copies.
- This allows our company to act on the applicant’s behalf. (Attention: Write “A1 Passport and Visa Express” in the “Courier Company Name” field and check the first two boxes. Do not check all three boxes.) Please watch our YouTube video if you need clarification.
Complete and print the order form for A1 Passport
- Please indicate your travel date on this form so we know what service you are requesting. Page 2 contains the credit card authorization to charge you for our services.
Completed and signed State Department Form requesting a second passport.
Signed Personal Letter to the U.S. Department of State: Washington Passport Agency
- Explain the reason you are requesting a second passport (i.e. restricted countries need for several visas in a short time).
Signed Letter from Employer
- Address to the U.S. Department of State: Washington Passport Agency requesting that a second be issued to the applicant along with a brief description of the applicant’s circumstances.
Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations
- Confirmed itinerary, copy of airline tickets that show circumstances that would require a second valid passport (for instance, travel between two visa countries in a short time).
Step 2: Fees
U.S. Department of State : Government Fee
A1 Passport : Passport Service Fees
|Service Type||Price||Processing Time|
|Emergency 1 day**||$295||1 business day|
|Emergency 2 days**||$249||2 business day|
|Urgent*||$195||5-7 business days|
|Rush||$149||10 business days|
**By appointment only
*Must call first
Note: All processing times are measured in business days and begin from the day of submission to the passport agency, not the day we recieve your documents. All slots are subject to availability. For prompt processing, please call our office before sending your documents.
Return Shipping Fees
|Priority Overnight||$28||1-3 Passports|
|Priority Overnight||$31||4+ Passports|
|Saturday Delivery||$41||1-3 Passports|
Calculate: Consular Fee + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Total Due
Step 3: Shipping
- Valid, signed U.S. passport
- Completed and signed Passport Application (DS-82)
- One Passport Photograph (taken in the last 6 months)
- State department form
- Signed personal letter
- Signed letter from employer
- Two completed and signed Letters of Authorization
- One (two-page) Order Form for A1 Passport
- Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations
- Government fee, service service fee for A1’s service, and the shipping fee
Call us at 202-639-1500 and indicate you are processing an Expedited Passport from the Internet.
We recommend that you use FedEx as a safe means of overnight shipping. We will return your passport to you the same way.
A1 Passport & Visa Express
1012 14th St NW, #630
Washington, DC. 20005
(202) 639 1500
Important Notice: In case of an emergency, when your passport must be processed in 24-48 hours, you must call our office for special instructions. Your FedEx package should be marked “FIRST AM DELIVERY.” You must clearly indicate “DELIVER AFTER 7AM, PLEASE SLIDE UNDER THE DOOR.” Our building opens automatically at 7am; the FedEx driver will not be able to enter the building before that time.