Step 1: Collect Documents
Valid and signed U.S. Passport
You must submit your current regular, 10 year passport when applying for a second passport. Your passport will be returned with your 2nd passport.
Complete, sign and print passport application (DS-82)
- Fill out this form online and choose “create form” to view the completed application to be printed. Ignore the fees at this time. Please print 2 copies.
2 Inches by 2 Inches on a white background
Complete and sign the Letter of Authorization
- Please print and sign 2 copies.
- This allows our company to act on the applicant’s behalf. (Attention: Write “A1 Passport and Visa Express” in the “Courier Company Name” field and check the first two boxes. Do not check all three boxes.) Please watch our YouTube video if you need clarification.
Complete and print the order form for A1 Passport
- Please indicate your travel date on this form so we know what service you are requesting. Page 2 contains the credit card authorization to charge you for our services.
Completed and signed State Department Form requesting a second passport.
Signed Personal Letter to the U.S. Department of State: Washington Passport Agency
- Explain the reason you are requesting a second passport (i.e. restricted countries need for several visas in a short time).
- Note: if renewing your second passport, your letter will need to indicate the reason for continued need for and updates second passport.
Signed Letter from Employer
- Address to the U.S. Department of State: Washington Passport Agency requesting that a second be issued to the applicant along with a brief description of the applicant’s circumstances.
- Note: if renewing your second passport, your employers letter will need to indicate the reason for continued need for and updates second passport.
Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations
- Confirmed itinerary, copy of airline tickets that show circumstances that would require a second valid passport (for instance, travel between two visa countries in a short time).
Step 2: Fees
U.S. Department of State : Government Fee
A1 Passport : Passport Service Fees
|Service Type||Price||Processing Time|
|Emergency 1 day**||Please call for availability||24 hours service|
|Rush Processing||$399||5-7 business day|
|Expedited Processing||$249||4-6 Weeks processing|
**By appointment only
*Must call first
Note: All processing times are measured in business days and begin from the day of submission to the passport agency, not the day we receive your documents. All slots are subject to availability. For prompt processing, please call our office before sending your documents.
Notice: All credit card payments are subject to 3% processing fee.
Return Shipping Fees
|Priority Overnight||$35||1-3 Passports|
|Priority Overnight||$55||4+ Passports|
|Saturday Delivery||$75+ depending on destination zip||1-3 Passports|
Calculate: Consular Fee + A1 Service Fee + Shipping = Total Due
Step 3: Shipping
- Valid, signed U.S. passport
- Completed and signed Passport Application (DS-82)
- One Passport Photograph (taken in the last 6 months)
- State department form
- Signed personal letter
- Signed letter from employer
- Two completed and signed Letters of Authorization
- One (two-page) Order Form for A1 Passport
- Copy of Travel Itinerary/Reservations
- Government fee, service service fee for A1’s service, and the shipping fee
Call us at 202-639-1500 and indicate you are processing an Expedited Passport from the Internet.
We recommend that you use FedEx as a safe means of overnight shipping. We will return your passport to you the same way.
A1 Passport & Visa Express
1012 14th St NW, #630
Washington, DC. 20005
(202) 639 1500
Important Notice: In case of an emergency, when your passport must be processed in 24-48 hours, you must call our office for special instructions. Your FedEx package should be marked “FIRST AM DELIVERY.” You must clearly indicate “DELIVER AFTER 7AM, PLEASE SLIDE UNDER THE DOOR.” Our building opens automatically at 7am; the FedEx driver will not be able to enter the building before that time.
2nd. Passport Renewal Requirements
- One fully completed application form DS82. this link will take you to the state departments website to complete and print your application. Please note that your application must be completed online. Hand written forms are not accepted.
We can assist if you cannot complete your application online. Please email the completed handwritten application, we’ll complete and email it back to you so you can print and send the original with your other documents.
- One US passport type photo size 2 X 2 taken within the past 60 days.
- Original expired or expiring passport along with any passport cards that may have been issued to you. Your expired passport and the card will be returned to you. if you cannot produce your passport card, you must complete application form DS64 and send a signed copy with your paperwork.
- original valid regular 10 year passport (copies not accepted)
- Completed and signed State Department Form requesting a second passport.
- Signed Personal Letter to the U.S. Department of State, Washington Passport Agency describing your need for an updated second passport.(i.e. restricted countries need for several visas in a short time).
- Signed Letter from Employer if renewing your passport on behalf of your company, a letter addressed to the U.S. Department of State: Washington Passport Agency requesting that your second passport to be renewed along with a brief description of the applicant’s circumstances.
- One fully completed order form for A1 Passport and Visa Express.
- The passport fee is $170 which includes $5 money order/check fee and the service fee is $199 which includes shipping fees. We accept only major credit or debit cards.
- Prior to shipping please contact us so that we can follow up and ensure delivery. Please use FedEx if at all possible and mark it “No signature required” in case that they deliver before we get to our office, that way the delivery person will slide your package under the door, it is perfectly safe to do so.
Shipping address:Attention: Sam Carlo