Avoid long delays in getting your U.S. Passport issued by following this detailed, step-by-step process for how to correctly expedite the application if you are an adult U.S. citizen.
- Obtain a DS-11 application form, which can be found online at https://pptform.state.gov. Fill out this form, click the “Create Form” button, and then print two copies.
- Collect proof of U.S. citizenship, such as a certified birth certificate (with a state seal), a previously issued U.S. passport, or a Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization.
- Collect photo identification, such as a driver’s license, a federally issued I.D., or a valid state issued I.D.
- Have a passport photo taken. A-1 Passport’s efficient staff can provide you with a passport photo that has a guarantee of acceptance. Learn more about their specific process by visiting www.dcpassportsandvisas.com/photo.html.
- Download and print the letter of authorization by clicking here. This notice allows A-1 Passport & Visa Express to submit your documentation to the United States Passport Agency.
- Provide proof of travel plans, such as a flight itinerary or a company letter addressed to the U.S. Department of State that requests issuance of a passport.
- Download and print an order form for A-1 Passport & Visa Express by clicking here.
- Pay the fees in the form of check or money order for application and processing via the U.S. Passport Agency. These fees can be broken down as follows:
Passport fees will be $195 for adults; $165 for children under 16.
Services fees totaling $89 for rush service (5-10 business days); $135 expedited service (3-5 business days); $179 for emergency service (1-2 business days).
Posted by: A1 Passport & Visa Express